Antioxidants, the underrated powerhouse to revolutionize your well being
Antioxidants are substances that can help protect our bodies from damage caused by harmful molecules called free radicals. Free radicals are highly reactive molecules that can cause oxidative stress and damage to cells, proteins, and DNA. This damage has been linked to a number of health problems, including cancer, heart disease, and neurodegenerative diseases.
Antioxidants work by neutralizing free radicals and preventing them from causing damage. They can be found in a variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, nuts, and whole grains. Some common antioxidants include vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, selenium, and flavonoids.
Here are some ways that antioxidants can help improve your health:
1. Protect against cancer: Several studies have found that antioxidants may help protect against certain types of cancer, such as lung cancer and prostate cancer. For example, a study published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute found that men who took a daily supplement of vitamin E had a lower risk of developing prostate cancer.
2. Improve heart health: Antioxidants may also help improve heart health by reducing inflammation and lowering cholesterol levels. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that people who consumed higher amounts of flavonoids had a lower risk of developing heart disease.
3. Boost the immune system: Antioxidants can also help boost the immune system, which can help protect against infections and illnesses. For example, a study published in the journal Nutrients found that taking a supplement of vitamin C helped reduce the severity and duration of colds.
4. Improve brain function: Antioxidants may also help improve brain function and protect against neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. A study published in the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease found that people who consumed higher amounts of flavonoids had better cognitive function than those who consumed lower amounts.
5. Slow the aging process: Finally, antioxidants may help slow the aging process by reducing oxidative stress and preventing damage to cells and tissues. A study published in the Journal of Nutrition found that taking a supplement of vitamin E helped improve skin health and reduce wrinkles.
Thus confirming antioxidants are important for maintaining good health and preventing a number of diseases. Eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, nuts, and whole grains can help ensure that you are getting enough antioxidants to protect your body from free radical damage. If you are concerned about your antioxidant intake, you may also consider taking a supplement.
At WWG we want to make the process of consuming antioxidants as easy as possible. The fastest way to get an abundant amount of antioxidants is to simply drink a glass of our Hydrogen rich water from our Elixir Series machines. Wether you opt to go for the Hydroboost, or the Elixir Series H2 model, you can be sure you are making a great choice towards better health and longevity.